Thread: Hf Rankings....
View Single Post
Old
09-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Dahlia
You can call it fluff....fine, but I am here because I choose to be here. I could spend my time otherwise. To me, it is about the game and the fans. I am like everyother person here who wants to come here and use this medium to talk about something we love.

I am looking and listening to reach a solution, not create a bigger problem. If it takes for me to help cover the NYR until it can get back up to a higher level, then so be it. I have no problem. I help out where ever I can, when I have the extra time. I don't mind calling half way around the world to get what I need if, it makes this place better.
But see therin is exactly why the situation is what it is. Instead of responding and saying "hmm those are some ideas, maybe a possible solution" it's two paragraphs of defending yourself and the way "Things are done" {right, wrong or indifferent}. Now this isn't meant to pick on you {I personally have no interest in writing again with my schedule} but what did we just solve there? Nothing. But was an effort made to bridge the gap? From one side yes.

That is exactly the problem, everyone says they are looking to solve the problem but everyone {this includes both sides} is merely trying to protect their own rep so they aren't the bad guy. It's not just you, but no one EVER questioned your love for the game. But when you mention it, we are forgetting what the issues are.

I happen to think both sides of the argument have some very dedicated and talented people, but they just don't know how to function together and that hurts the organization.

But this response kind of proves my point. No one is really looking for a solution, they are looking for an "angle" to present themselves. That is unfortunate. Of everything that was said, you focused on me calling much of the conversation "fluff". But is that the issue?

The problem isn't someone calling half way around the world to get a fact {you're not the first and you wont be the last to do that}. But rather when the person who happens to be in charge {or at that time} tells you to call and they don't answer, nothing gets solved.

But again here we are with two sides talking but no one is really listening. They are just waiting for their next turn to speak. Neither side is going to benefit from it, and as someone who doesn't have stake in either side {I'm personally rooting for the forgotten victim in all of this, the site itself} I can see that both sides have a point. But neither one seems to be getting it.