View Single Post
Old
03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the problem is, Bluenote, that N stands for Never and R stands for Rarely, and therein lies your commute issues.

Just outside Park Slope is Windsor Terrace and Kensington - the only issue is it's less for single guys and more for families (can't walk to many bars, except for the American Legion and the VFW), but the prices get more reasonable and the commute still ain't bad depending on to where you're commuting.
Although that's still better than what the F train stands for.

And I should know because I take that every day and if it goes express once a week, it's a nice surprise. Apparently before my time there was an express F that went from Kings Hwy to Jay St in about 20 minutes..I wouldn't object to that now.

Everybody else pretty much covered the ideal neighborhoods here. Park Slope is about as great a place as there is to spend a day walking around, and I would love to live there eventually, but the prices are just insane. Williamsburg used to be rougher, but Bedford Ave is almost like another 7th Avenue now and there is some great nightlife there and it's a little better price-wise than the Slope.

Kensington is kind of an up-and-coming area as mentioned previously. My uncle lives there but he got a ridiculous deal because his landlords were desperate back in 1994. I'm pretty sure no such desperation exists now unfortunately.

As where I live, I'm in Gravesend and it has it's plusses and minuses. On one hand, it's a safe area and there are 4 subway lines within walking distance. On the other, it's become extremely expensive and as I mentioned, it's a bit of a commute. I'd say 50 minutes to midtown if there are no delays. Nightlife is nonexistent.

Despite being a Flyers fan, I wish you good luck finding a place

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote