Old
03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termanology View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Roenick is 50-50 or better for returning, and could be back even if San Jose wins the cup. He has been injured a lot, and he has been dying to get in. He said (paraphrasing). "At the end of the year, I am going to talk to Doug and will go with what he thinks." In my opinion, he is more than acceptable as a 4th liner and the intangibles make it not even close.

As of now, Grier, Roenick, Moen, Goc, Mitchell, Plihal, Staubitz, and Cavanaugh all need new contracts, and the Sharks need the cheapest bottom 6 possible, so Doug very well see Roenick having great value.

If the Sharks win the cup, Blake could retire, but I don't think so. He bought a house and moved his family to San Jose and he is still a very effective player. If he wants to play, every team in the league would love to have him.
Except LA
Ditto. I don't see him coming back here. LA's got O'D signed through next season now, and a top 4 of Doughty, Johnson, Greene, and Quincey. I could see LA looking for another veteran dman but not at Blakes age or price tag.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote