View Single Post
Old
03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
F train going express once a week? Eh, it's been a heck of a lot more than that lately and I actually hate it. I'd welcome that if I knew it would happen. I sit in the front car and get off at Ft. Hamilton and walk about three blocks to get home from there. I could sit in the back car of the F and walk three blocks and get off at Church. See where I'm going with this? If I'm going to sit in the back, I'd take the 6 to the 4 to the A to the F (actually quite quick). If the F goes express, great, if not, I go an extra stop. If I'm going to sit in the front, it's the 6 to the F. What's my issue? I've been taking the 6 to the F a lot and the F has been going express a lot lately, which means I have a long walk down McDonald Ave then my three blocks, or get off at 7th to wait for "the train right behind us". If I knew there would be an express train, I'd sit in the back all the time. They should get rid of the G and utilize the express tracks that are there. To put it nicely, F can stand for frustrating.
I must keep getting on the train that gets stuck behind the train that eventually goes express becuase I haven't been getting them lately. I usually sit in the front car and get off at Kings Hwy but I can also get off at Ave U if I'm in the last car. I only get off at U if I need to pick up something at the store over there though. So it's quite beneficial for me personally since Kings Hwy is an express stop although I do have friends who use 15th and Ft. Hamilton and complain frequently about the express trains, so I can see it both ways.

I agree quite a bit about the G train though. If they really want to put it to better use, make the F a full-time local and have the G go express to Coney Island.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote