View Single Post
Old
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
So, Price has a very good game, the team gets completely outshot AGAIN and clearly the goalie is the issue.

Sure, he wasn't good in the shootout, but if this team would play a complete game, he wouldn't have to be.

When there are 40+ shots against, you have no business winning in the NHL.

Joel Bouchard said something illuminating before the game. He said, he did just want the Habs to win, he wanted them to dominate. To have a convincing win for once.

When exactly is the last time the goalie had no margin for error in a Habs game?

Until the Habs forwards learn to backcheck and cover the boards and the defense learn to make tape to tape passes, this team is going nowhere.

If you want to see the problem, look no further than the wingers up at centre receiving passes at a standstill because they're so far a head of the play.

Other than the 1st period of Gainey's first game as coach, I am not sure I remember a clean breakout all year.
Too many problems to pin this on Price. The team is weak physically. Can't play physical or keep up with a better team for 60 minutes, hence the shot totals.

But I will say this to the Price fans. The first and third goals were on juicy rebounds, the shootout was weak. Let's not pin the game on Price, but just keep that in mind when you're talking about Halak's inferior rebound control and Price's legendary prowess in these areas. Fair is fair.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote