View Single Post
Old
09-02-2004, 09:21 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I like the LeClair comparison... definitely see some similarities. When I've seen him play at Dartmouth, he completely governs the ice. Picks and chooses his spots, whips around the rink and takes the puck whenever he decides to.

I see a lot of Joe Thornton in him, and he just dominates games. On that alone, I'd say he's gonna be huge.

BUT, he needs to prove once and for all he can put up big numbers like the franchise player he's supposed to be.

His freshman year was a big success all-around. He did great while identifying his weaknesses. It was an orientation year in which he wasn't expected to do as well as he did.

Last season he had to adapt to headhunting, because he was considered a big threat. He also tried to focus on strengthening his D.

He is not at all cocky. He knows he weaknesses damn well, and he knows hockey damn well. He has a great attitude about improving his skills, and that's a good sign.

What I saw last year was a hulking power forward with superb positioning and passing skills. He made plays so eloquently, was strong in front of the net. Scored both Holik-goals and outmaneuvering, long-range goals. He was also pretty quick too. I also saw him fall flat on the ice at times, and he showed inexperience and poor judgment on defense.

This season will be his chance to put up the big numbers. He's fully settled into the college game now. If he doesn't hit it big this year, it's time to worry. That could be the loss of a franchise forward. Unless he stays for a senior year...