View Single Post
Old
03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Are you saying we might have a Datsyuk or Zetterberg on our team or our system?If you think we do then you're on one hell of a drug!
No I didn't say that. YOU said that. What I was trying to say (we have to power phrase everything here because every little thing that can be slight ambiguous is always ridiculed) is it takes a few seasons to get a player's full potential.

Hopefully A. Kostitsyn will be a late bloomer, but S. Kostitsyn, Lapierre, Latendresse, Pacioretty, D'agostini, O'Byrne, Stewart and Price are way too young and have not played enough games and/or play-off experience to have reached their potential yet. And I was trying to say that even Datsyuk and Zetterberg took time to reach their potential.

Higgins, Koivu and Kovalev are not having very stellar seasons, There's something wrong with Komi, Hamrlik has been average this season, Tangauy was injured for a long time and Lang out for the season. Let's not forget how both Goalies when through hard periods and couldn't buy a win even if they wanted too..

Combine everything on top of all the off ice distractions the Habs have had this season and you can see why they are struggling to win games.

I DO NOT expect a cup this year. I did so at the beginning of the season but with everything that I mentioned above up to until Carbo losing his job, I just don't see it anymore.. Maybe next year.. Maybe the next. But they need to play well to win games and I can't remember when was the last time Montreal "outplayed" and did not "out skill" a team..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote