View Single Post
Old
03-18-2009, 05:07 PM
HockeyInsider87

vCash: 500
How is the economic crisis effecting teams in Germany?

It's well documented that Bad Tolz in the Bundesliga 2 went bankrupt this season and that the players never got paid after December 1st. There are reports of other teams struggling and not paying players. Word is that the Ice Tigers in the DEL have new owners and are stable for next season. I think it would be very helpful to players and agents looking at next season to get factual information on teams that are hurting because of the economy.

Note teams that are hurting financially, don't pay their players on time as per player contracts on the 1st of each month, teams that can't afford to play at the same level next season etc. I know players that are really hurting because they never got paid. Players with families and bills to pay. Teams need to be held to a high standard and to honor contracts and this thread could serve several purposes.

If you are reluctant to post factual information about any team feel free to send me a private message and I will look into it's accuracy and post accordingly. Also, it would be beneficial to name teams that treat their players well, honor their contracts and are in a stable position financially moving forward.

HockeyInsider87 is offline   Reply With Quote