View Single Post
Old
03-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
I'm also shopping for a new shaft. My old shaft-blade combo, Easton E-Flex (equivalent of Easton Octane) is starting to crack around the bottom where the blade is. I've had the stick for almost 2 years now, so it's been well worth its investment.

My budget for a new shaft is around $80-100 Canadian, and I've had my eye on an AK27 for a while now. However, it's a bit above my budget, and I'm also considering the Warrior Johnson and RBK 7K shafts, which are 89.99 and 99.99 respectively. Does anyone have any experience with these sticks?

And finally, is the AK27 worth the extra $20? The Dolomite shaft is the same price. Thanks for the help.
i have a rbk 7k one piece, its very very light. probably the lightest stick ive used. that being said, i didnt like it too much. it was a bit stiff for my preference. i also have a dolomite one piece which is awesome and an ak27 which is my favorite

the dolomite is tapered so i dont know if you want to go that route or not, the ak is standard as is i believe the 7k

like i said before, the johnson is very heavy. i havent used one but another poster said it broke on him pretty quickly.

out of the 7k, dolomite and ak27, i prefer the ak27 most. mine is about a 90 flex. the dolomite is an 85 and the 7k is probably about 110.

the ak27 is one of the lightest shafts out there. the dolomite is a bit heavier but is also tapered

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote