Thread: Value of: Tom Gilbert
View Single Post
Old
03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
One Trick Pony*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
Yea but the thing is Bieska is a better player then Gilbert. If you don't believe me start a poll on a Gilbert vs Bieska. Before the poll is done, I already know Bieska is gonig to win it. I don't use stats to compare crap. If this is the case, Bieska is at Dion Phaneuf's level, but he's not. Stop using stats as means to compare players!!!

ANYWAYS, if he will fetch the Oilers a late first round pick, then go for it. Do it. I wouldnt mind this. This will make them weaker down the road, and it will also save them money.
So did Bieksa put up 30+ Points as a 24 year old? Was Bieksa named to the all-rookie team over guys like Erik Johnson? Has Bieksa ever played an 82 game season since 06-07? Has Bieksa ever been a plus player at any point in his career?

I can guarantee you Gilbert would have much more trade value than Bieksa. Putting up 40 Points playing second-tier minutes on a blueline that is very offensive-minded is nothing short of an accomplishment. Gilbert has never had the privilege of having guys like Ohlund and Mitchell cover up for his defensive mistakes, or let him play sheltered minutes against soft compeition. The guy was thrown to the wolves since his rookie season last year, and has been steady ever since.

Also, the thing I'd like to point out the most, is that Gilbert never slumped after recieving his contract extension. It just shows you who will be the better player in the long run.

One Trick Pony* is offline   Reply With Quote