View Single Post
Old
03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Belso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
I defended Carbo, but near the end, i saw that he had lost it. No system was present anymore.
However, carbo has a tremendous hockey IQ (not anyone has the guts to demand to shadow forsberg and gretzky and do it succesfully), the kind that any team could use as support.

With that, i would bring him back. I dont think i would bring him back as a head coach, however i think carbo made and will make an amazing assistant or video analyst.

All his downfalls as a coach would not affect him in a lesser role
I defended Carbo but this season, there were a lot of decisions I didn't agree with. I also agree that unless there's something really wrong with all the players, they let way too much shots on nets. and that's more then just system. Whatever they were practicing, they weren't taking care of this issue under Carbo..

Now you made a comment about him as assistant. let's look at these facts...
  1. Carbo is still being paid by the Habs
  2. Carbo loves the Habs
  3. Carbo is very dedicated to winning
  4. Carbo did a great job in the past as an assistant coach

So sure. I'd have him back as assistant or even management. But he may not want to come back in those positions. If he's offered a head coaching job in Dallas, St-Louis or any other team that fires their coach during the summer, I think he'll take it..

Belso is online now   Reply With Quote