View Single Post
Old
03-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Does this mean Sather's going to abandon his long term plan? Is that an admission that it's not going work? Was it designed to work only with Renney? Is it a change because that how Sather's feeling at the moment?

I don't know. Seems like chasing your tail to me.
I think its a "excuse" to dump some players. Like you said below, you don't sign a player to a 7 year contract and then dump him. That would raise some eyebrowns in lockerrooms all across the league. Sign with the Rangers as a UFA and you could end up in a living nightmare in the minors in a hurry...

I think thats what Dallas did with Avery more then anything, created an excuse to get rid of him, for example. Sure Avery passed a line, didn't mesh with the lockerroom et c.

But if Slats can send out a message that Redden/Rozsival/Drury/Gomez just doesn't fit into the new coachs plans it might soften the hit on our reputation.

RangerBoy- It sounds very credible that Slats called around about Gomez -- but isn't that kind of his mo? I don't think we can draw conclusions of that that its Gomez who will go. If I know Slats right he called around and asked for the moon in return for Gomez...

He did the same thing with JJ in 07'.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote