Thread: News Article: Stevens ponders changes for Flyers
View Single Post
Old
03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
Then what does it matter? Richards knows that he will still get the ice time. He moves onto a line with someone who he has worked well with before in the past, and a guy who plays a crashing style. Who knows, maybe Richards will bring out more offensively out of Carcillo, he's done it with players in the past.

If it doesn't work, I'm sure Stevens will change it to something that does.
I never said it wouldn't work, I said I don't like the thought of it. If it works, I will be all for it...which I also said. Looking at it here on my computer and from what I've seen from home on tv...I don't like it. It's a mixed emotion, because much like I said we needed Biron to the better goalie and get him going before the playoffs...this is similar. It's in the Flyers best interest to get Briere going, having said that...I don't like the way the way he's playing (mainly skating) and I see Giroux more deserving of the promotion (at this juncture) than I do Briere. However, I'm not the coach, nor do I claim to be one.

I'm just saying, that right now, today...I don't like it.

I'll be the first to applaude and support it if it works, as I couldn't give a cats meow who plays where and with who...so long as the Flyers win.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote