View Single Post
Old
03-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa. View Post
06-07 should have been enough for major changes to appear, but because of how dumb this organization is...well, this what we get. We suffer because of how dumb they are, and they still refuse to address it. I'll never forget how upset I was at the trade deadline, not that no big trades were made, but the fact that Gainey actually praised this team when they'd been showing no heart or effort for a big while, and this is how they responded.

Actually, they haven't responded to anything. They haven't responded to getting key players back, they haven't responded to being called out, they haven't responded to a coaching change, and they haven't responded to being booed off the ice at home twice in a row. I just don't know what to think of them anymore, they really, really don't care, and the fans have to suffer through it and it's ridiculous. I wish none of these guys success after they leave this team, and hope they fall flat on their face, because frankly, it's what they deserve.

We suffered so much since 1993, and we seem to be at the same point we were now when Gainey took over, only we have more talent, but much less heart. I like Koivu, but I'm putting his leadership qualities in question, it's the 3rd time in 4 seasons we've seen this team completely collapse on itself during the 2nd half, and once we missed the playoffs because of it, and it's likely we'll miss them once again this year. I can believe that Koivu's a hard-worker and loves this team, but he's not a motivator, and a motivator is the kind of captain this team needs, they need a Mark Messier, not a Joe Sakic. I'm even more dissapointed with this year's team then I am with the '07 one, because this team is even more experienced and more talented.

There's no excuse for what happened this season, and the players pretty much just gave the fans the fingers this season, and that sucks. It really, really sucks. And what pisses me off even more, is I'm never going to be able to be a fan of another team, because I love the Habs so much, but I guess that's my own fault, because I picked the wrong time to become a fan( the same year of Theodore's heroics) and I feel like I've been tricked, because now I can't switch. Despite how bad this season sucked, I'm still not able to lose interest and still follow the team religiously, and I feel like a complete idiot for it.

Give me something to cheer about, because in all honestly, next season doesn't seem like it's going to be a good one either. Alright, we let all those FA's go, but who replaces them? Tampa Bay isn't going to trade Lecavalier, the only FA's who come here are the one's who can't find a contract with other teams, no top FA wants to come here, the media turns players away. We're stuck in no man's land, we can't even replace the current players with anyone from our system. Andrei Kostitsyn is way too inconsistent, and isn't the impact player everyone thought he would be, and he's pretty much our best young offensive player. It just feels like we're going to be stuck in more mediocrity for another while, and I hate the feeling of it.

Sorry for the long post, I just needed to rant and get this off my chest.
I have the feeling that Bob came in as GM for the Habs and after years of evaluation he still doesn't seem to know what he has. We needed somebody to come in and shake things up. Andre Savard had done a good job at rebuilding but after him we needed a GM on a mission, take out the trash, and take us further, making us a contender. Gainey didn't do that. He's still evaluating.

Personaly right now even though when I watch the Habs I root for them, after games deep down i'm often happy that they lost because that way my wish will come true we're gonna miss the playoffs and everybody will be fired and driven out of town.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote