View Single Post
Old
03-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
That's fair, I just counted OT losses as losses.

As for a more beneficial style? I don't buy it. Halak gives up more rebounds than Price because he stands up more often and kicks out more pucks whereas when Price makes a save it usually hits him in the chest. We've saw Carey in the playoffs last year though and the results were not pretty. Yeah, he had a couple of great games, particularly game 7 against Boston, but he was also TERRIBLE in 5 and 6 vs. Boston and most of them against Philadelphia.

Halak has posted great numbers everywhere he's played, has much better numbers than Price this season, and is currently the hotter goalie. I really don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

I'm not suggesting to make Halak the unconditional starter for the rest of the year and potentially the playoffs, but I think he's earned the right to play in the next few games and see where that leads us. Price will definitely get another chance, but right now he's not the better goalie and he hasn't been for awhile.
To me it doesn't matter why the rebounds are generated, it matters that they are. Halak's poor rebound control will hurt the team eventually and right now Price is simply playing too good to risk that with Halak.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote