Thread: Other: Dallas needs Defense!
View Single Post
Old
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Uh, when I saw the thread title, I was under the impression the exclamation mark meant there was a sense of urgency in acquiring a Dman. Gonchar isn't a UFA until July 1st '10.

Personally, I think the Stars' best option could be found on the rosters of EDM or VAN depending on which team believes they have the best shot at JBo. VAN will actually have the cap space if their potential UFAs hit the open market, so the best case scenario for the Stars would seem to be Ohlund who will probably cost somewhere in the 5 range (but obviously not cost assets).

If VAN retains Ohlund, but still makes a play for JBo, Bieksa would likely be the trading chip.

If the Oilers make a play for JBo, Visnovsky is the most likely candidate to be had in a trade, with Gilbert an alternate scenario.

Visnovsky for Benn, 2nd
No way this happens.

Strangely enough the Stars have a prospect that could develop into a defensman exactly like Lubomir and ironically enough his name is Vishnovsky.

Someone stated this already but Edmonton and Dallas would make terrible trading partners.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote