View Single Post
Old
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
NCPokey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
I complete dispute this. College's laughable schedule imo puts them light years behind the CHL in terms of NHL readiness.
First, I said pro-ready, not NHL ready. Secondly, there's no comparison between the mental and physical development of the average college player and the average junior player, not in any way because I think the CHL does a bad job of player development, but simply because the players are older, it's literally men versus boys. We've seen this in past years when CIS teams have beaten Canada's World Junior squads or CIS teams have beaten or completed well against NHL prospect squads. I seem to remember the UBC T-Birds beating the Canucks prospects a few times. I'm not saying that college prospects will be better in the end than a CHL prospect, just that they have the benefits of being older, stronger and wiser.

Your point about adapting to the NHL schedule is a good one though, the first pro season for a college player usually results in a very big mid-season drop-off when they run out of gas.

NCPokey is offline   Reply With Quote