View Single Post
Old
03-21-2009, 09:21 AM
darrmd

vCash: 500
No sure if you realize this or not but last year FSN ohio won a oscar or espy or something that has to do with sports broadcasts. It was for the Detroit game when we shut them out in their house.

My feeling on like dislike etc. And yes I am bias because I know both the announcers and the also the producer. I think once they brought Ed Milliken to produce things started running better. He use to run Hockey Night in Canada years ago. Rimer and Gare remind me of this team a lot. When they teamed up originally it was difficult at times, but now they are getting a system, plus I have this feeling it is much easier to call a game when the team is doing well then when they completely suck.

I use to ask Gare (during the maclean era) if rimer and him had a bottle of Jack up in the booth like Harry Doyle (Bob Uecker) from Major League during the "rough years" Now you can tell they are having fun. Remember they are told to be positive to help sell tickets if anyone has ever met Danny he is very down to earth. So when they were bad he really wanted to say a lot more.

Concerning Rick Jeanneret, I like him just for the quotes. One of our top selling t-shirts is from him.

TOP SHELF - Where Mama hides the cookies!

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote