View Single Post
Old
03-21-2009, 02:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He's actually wearing Fedor's Tyutin's Rangers gloves. He wore them all season.

Jagr's not coming back to the Rangers. The Rangers moved on, they didn't want him, and they made that abundantly apparent last summer.
Well... According to Sather, Jagr & his Agent never got serious about any of the negotiations before the UFA signing began..... I don't think it was the Rangers that walked away from Jagr but the other way around....

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/journal.html

Quote:
:
4:54pm ET - Sather about Jagr: "I talked to Jaromir today and waited for a call for the last couple of days and nothing happened, so we decided they were going to move on."
This was also on an audio clip posted on msg.com but I couldn't' find it in the archives....

Knowing Jagr he probably had this mind made up for awhile... The manner in which he played it out made it look like it was the Rangers that forced the hand but it was Jagr's Agent not contacting Sather to negotiate on time....For the most part it worked pretty well as there are still plenty of fans who think Jagr wanted to sign here but the Rangers rebuffed him.... Too bad Jagr didn't have the Paul Mara mentality....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote