View Single Post
Old
03-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Pyke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Let me get this straight. Montréal would have to start with Price, or Markov and add++++ while Nashville gives Weber, then a first eh.. and player who isn't in the NHL and they get Lecavalier... Prospal... AND a 2nd ? Tampa's 2nd ? That's going to be what... 33rd ?

In this case, Weber is more valuable to Tampa than Markov. There's potentially a chance Tampa is competitive next year, but more likely 2-3, when Weber will be in his prime and Markov will be closing the end of his.

Seriously, HF standards are whacked.
I'm confused.

What are you confused about?

Weber > Markov. Anybody in hockey could tell you that. Well, anyone outside of Quebec.

Price is outstanding in terms of prospects, but when the center piece of the deal involving Brad Richards was a goalie, I think Tampa made their bed and now has to sleep in it goalie wise.

If Radulov is guaranteed in the NHL; this deal would be really tempting for Tampa. The problem is Radulov probably isn't coming back; which makes it basically #1 D man for #1 center (and parts); and I don't know that's equal right now. Weber is probably a top 5 defenceman, but Vinny has proven he is one of the best centers in the game and has a cup. That counts for a lot.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote