Thread: Prospect Info: Subban
View Single Post
Old
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Subban

On a positive note, I watched PK again yesterday and he is a treat to watch. He must have played 35 minutes in a 3-1 playoff win. He is tremendous and extremely mobile in the O zone. On the PP, he positions himself so well for offensive opportunities. He really likes to carry the puck, but sometimes he makes a move too many instead of making a proper pass. Defensively, he is now very good because of his anticipation and his one on one skills. I don't think he was beaten once in open ice. His skating abilities are off the map. Along the boards, he's not bad. He was hit hard once and he didn't like it. He seemed to lose focus a bit after that and wasn't as arrogant. The comments from fans all around us were stuff like "Get that cocky SOB", "Somebody's got to put him on his ass" but also "man, it'd be great if he was on our team". It also looked like he never shut up on the ice, almost like a cheerleader. His enthusiasm would sure be welcomed in Montreal.

I remember watching this guy when he first arrived in the O and wow has he ever improved. If we ever proper coaching, especially for Ds, this guys will be manning our blue line very very soon.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote