Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Dustin Brown on a Vanek-Connolly line makes me

And if he develops into a Brad May on the low end, that's ok... but you had to go throw Rasmussen in their to cover the BUST side of drafting him in the top 15.
May was a Gold Gloves winner -- he had abilities way beyond what he could do around the net. Once he broke his hand on Ulfie's helmet, he pretty much was no longer able to do what he once did with the stick. Bradley has rarely had any issue getting motivated to play anyone -- sometimes too much so. I'd take his early career enthusiasm on this roster any day. Blowing out his knee at the Nats camp after getting drafted took away a step he couldn't afford to lose, breaking his hand took his shot, throwing out his shoulder fighting Ronnie Stern moved him into the middleweight category.... the kid played hard to the point of breaking.

Rasmussen when motivated is a solid hitting player. It was getting him angry enough.

Kassian is more May than Rasmussen -- he seems to want to get after people all the time, regardless of who they are.

That said.... I wouldn't mind seeing some action at the draft around filling a late first/early second while shipping out some salary.