View Single Post
03-23-2009, 02:27 PM
vCash: 500
Congrats to chaos for taking Allan "Eagle Eye" Cameron. I had him 4th on my list of All-Star defensemen, but I should have had him first. Glad the rest of you got it right. Here is a bit more about him from when I took him as a 7th D in MLD9:

Originally Posted by Ultimate Hockey
...he toiled with the Crystals until 1887, when MAAA snapped him up. The mustachioed "toque blue tromper" or "the rusher in the blue toque" - would flower into a top-flight cover-point, captaining the famous winged wheelers until his retirement in 1895...Cameron was the very engine of the winged wheel attack. He was quite simply the most complete player of the 1880's. His genius for the two-way game was soon the talk of the circuit. According to newsmen, "nothing escaped Cameron's eyes." his defensive abilities were every bit as sharp as *******'s and possibly the finest in the AHAC.
Originally Posted by seventieslord
Cameron captained the MAAA team for 9 seasons, winning 7 league titles and the two inagural Stanley Cups in 1893 and 1894. He played a total of 46 games, scoring 3 goals and providing the solid two-way game and leadership required for victory. Under his watch, MAAA went 44-14 over those 9 years.
Stats compiled using Total Hockey 2 (they have a great section covering 1887-1892 done in The Trail Of the Stanley Cup style) and The Trail Of the Stanley Cup, Vol. 1

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote