View Single Post
Old
03-23-2009, 02:37 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
ok tom. fair points. i must admit i too am surprised by the numbers. it shows that rozy has been about the same as the other 2 on the pp as far as points go and at even strength, rozy has been better- as far as the plus/minus is concerned. and for the record, i never once said rozy cant play in a torts system. while i believe his play lately hasnt been particularly sharp, he isnt costing us games. it appears to me that inspite of the numbers you detail, he still seems hesitant and lacking confidence while redden seems to be blossoming under torts and morris gets a little better pretty much every game. add toi that staals recent surge in play and maras steady improvement and rozy stands out as the lagard of the group.
The bolded part is quite true. While overall production may be similar, Redden and Morris have looked much more comfortable than Rozy, which to me would suggest that they probably would have eventually started to outproduce him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
rozy is not a bad player. on this we all agree. my point simply is to what degree will his injury effect the team. my contention is that his absence will not have a big impact in the overall defensive play and may actually help the pp.
If nothing else, one major detriment to the PP breakout will be gone. Rozy almost never made a smart play to come out of the zone, and almost always wound up turning around to regroup. The only thing the PP LOSES with him gone is his shot, and he never used that anyway, sadly.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote