View Single Post
Old
03-24-2009, 02:20 AM
reffree

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Rundblad's not going to be available where Boston picks. They might get lucky and have someone like Charles-Olivier Roussel fall to them, who is someone Wonder Boy PM'd me about and is high on. I agree- and he's all over the map- Red Line has him in their top-15, but he was at the end of the CSB's first-round list for NA Skaters, and other "scouting" services have Roussel lower- 2nd and some even the 3rd round, which from what I hear is pretty extreme- he's a surefire first- or early-second-round pick.

Another guy who is attracting interest is Calvin de Haan. He doesn't have the dynamic upside of a Rundblad or Ryan Ellis or even Nick Leddy, none of whom I believe will be there when Boston picks. Like Roussel, CSB has de Haan lower on their list than Red Line Report does.

One scout I know who was at the Top Prospects Game said the following about de Haan:
"Always calm with the puck. Solid. Did not get beat with speed. Plays simple, steady, well-rounded game. Good overall hockey sense. Cerebral player but I'm not sure there's a lot of upside to get excited about here. Gets the puck out of trouble reliably. Maybe doesn't need much upside. Reminds me of Luca Sbisa last year - doesn't seem like much to get excited about but he does nearly everything right. Plays like a guy who could be close to being ready for the NHL."

One drawback for de Haan is his size- 5-11, 165. But, if Nick Leddy were to go off the board, I would think that de Haan would be a highly-regarded defenseman left on Boston's list.
Thanks Moses and Kirk !!

Remember Roussel at the top prospect game, was excellent, seems to play a good physical game and seems a competent puck mover.

I'll have to rewatch it for de Haan, I heard some good thing about him but I don't like the "not alot of upside" combine with the 5-11, 165 ...

Have to say I don't know anything about Leddy now appart than he's a high school defenseman.

It's pretty interesting to look for this draft, we won't have a great pick "28-30" but it seems to be a wide open draft. Opinions diverge on a lot of guys from 15 to 45 and some solid prospect will still be there at our range

Edit: Seeing is stat and is supporting cast after the London trade, de Haan must have some high offensive attribute ?!?

Last edited by reffree: 03-24-2009 at 03:58 AM.