Old
03-24-2009, 04:08 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I remember Dawes up there. didn't see him a lot with Prucha, Voros, Sjostrom. I remember a lot of Naslund-Gomez-Callahan.
You could be right. I know recently it's be Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Callahan.

He has played on and off with talented players, but it doesn't seem like it's been consistent, and it also seems like he gets paired with guys that are struggling. Cally is no elite offensive talent, certainly, but set him up with two guys that actually belong on a legitimate second line and he looks like a 25-25 guy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
65 points? I'm hoping for 40 next season. I think Cally shot his load this season. Gotta love the guy, but I think his ceiling's around 20 goals if he plays with b-level top line guys and it's around 15 goals if he's playing on a real third line. That's what I think and there's not much difference between the two and he may be more valuable on that third line with, and I've said this a lot, Dubi. I just like the thought of that kind of third line.
He's been playing with a combination of B-level talent and true third liners though, and he's still looking at 20 goals. Give him a full season with B-level talent and I think he does 25, easy.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not EXPECTING that type of production out of Cally. I think he's an awesome third line-type player, who could fill in on a top line in a pinch. I'm just saying that if the organization decided they wanted to squeeze as much scoring out of Cally as possible, they could definitely give him two decent offensive partners and see 25 goals. he has that ability.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote