View Single Post
Old
03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
ManicSubsidal15

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I don't mean to pidgeon-hole Cally into anything and don't mean my post as give up on him today, he's only a fourth liner. Something tells me this is a career year for him and this is the best we'll see. Another part of me wonders if he'd do better if he had more PP time. It's tough - some players just have a ceiling, but are pretty consistent. What is disappointing about him is his total points. Nice goal total, but he needs to get some more points out there.

Sting - I hope the same about Dubi, of course, again, I do have some reservations, but the difference between he and Cally, I think, is that he sees the ice better and is more controlled with the puck as well as distributes it better. He just needs to get it to the right people at the right time and learn how to make the play. He always seems to be around the puck, near the net, getting off the shots, of kicking it out to the guy with some ice, but doesn't seem to get the points and I can't decide if that's just the way it is, or the points will soon come. His totals this season, considering who he played with and his ice time, are pretty disappointing, even for a sophomore. Still thought he was best-served as the third line centerman on this team, not playing with the team's top offensive weapon (Zherdev).
If you think that Callahan is only a 4th liner then you clearly havent been watching him at all this season. He's a great 3rd liner with the potential to be a fill in on the top lines once in a while like he has been this year. I see him being a Kirk Maltby/Kris Draper sorta player.

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote