300 000 people to put 1000$ to buy the Habs
View Single Post
03-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Originally Posted by
People have to stop thinking that if they aquire a share of the montreal canadiens they would be able to vote for which UFA to sign...
The structue would be the following
- 20 000 stocks of equal value held by X number of shareholders
- They would vote for an amount of adimistrators (7 for a concrete example)
- These administrators would be appointed for a term of 5 years
- These administrators would then appoint the members of the executive (president, gm, etc)
- The president and Gm would have exclusih "hockey decision making abilities" and without approval from the shareholders
- Thereby the only powers given to the shareholder is the appointement of the administrators
- You would be able to restrict the powers of the executive in the shareholders agreement where they would have to approve decisions (like UFA, draft etc...) BUt that model would be ridiculous and the NHL would never approve such ownership...
In conclusion, it is possible but completely unlikely...
View Public Profile
7th Player's albums
Visit 7th Player's homepage!
Find More Posts by 7th Player