Old
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
D Bob Trapp

- 5'10", 170 lbs.
- Stanley Cup Finalist (1923)
- WCHL 2nd All-Star Team (1922)
- WCHL/WHL 1st All-Star Team (1923, 1926)
- Placed 1st, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th in scoring by WCHL/WHL defensemen
- 67 points in 5 WCHL/WHL seasons (Red Dutton had 63, and Herb Gardiner had 51, in the same 5 seasons)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loh.net
Pembrooke, Ontario native Bob Trapp had three years of experience playing in Toronto, as well as a two year interruption to serve in the military behind when he settled in Edmonton for a six year stay in 1919. Trapp was twice named an All-Star, once to the First Team, while with Edmonton but his success couldn't keep him from getting traded in 1925. Trapp was sent to the Portland Rosebuds in a four-player trade that saw the legendary Eddie Shore head to Edmonton.

With Portland, Trapp was not only a First Team All-Star, but he also got his chance to join the NHL. Following his first season with the Rosebuds the Chicago Black Hawks bought the franchise and Bob Trapp was on his way to the Windy City.

In Chicago Trapp played 44 games and managed 4 goals and 2 assists, good for second on the team in scoring from the defense. He also provided toughness in spades, delivering 92 penalty minutes, just one minute off the team lead. Trapps star dimmed in his second season when he was unable to score and managed just 2 assists and 37 penalty minutes.

Saskatoon has a lot of options...

Chevrefils-Smith*-Herberts**
Tobin***-Briere-McDonald
Burr****-Sands*****-Saleski

* Can also play LW
** Can also play RW
*** Can also play D/RW
**** Can also play C
***** Can also play RW

I didn't plan it this way. I'm just trying to take the best players I can, but so many of them have experience at multiple positions.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote