Thread: Thomas Pock
View Single Post
Old
09-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Where did you see him play? Because I cant find a lot of reports right now but two quickies I found were

NYR.com - " A solid all-around defenseman who can both defend and jump into the play offensively"

TSN - "Moves the puck up ice quickly and efficiently. Owns a very projectable frame and plenty of offensive upside."

I'd rather have a stay at home guy but from what Ive gathered, he is not.

Well those are words usually used in a scouting report. I mean they aren't gonna say "he has stone hands".

Both guys can move the puck effectivly in the sense that they aren't idiots with it, but both guys are stay at home types who will never put up huge numbers.

They might get their 20 some odd points, but they won't be powerplay guys probably and won't be rushing into the play. I mean even stay at home guys have to be able to pass and stuff {see Lefebrve in his prime and guys like Samuelsson, etc.}.

So what I am trying to say is that they can move the puck but it'll mostly be first passes out of the zone etc. Lampman is strictly a defensive defenseman and Kondatriev probably has a little more offense but is still a stay at home guy. In fact I expect Kondatriev to get long looks as the defensive anchor for Tyutin.