View Single Post
Old
09-06-2004, 03:40 PM
djhn579

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedReality
so this is about BUF ?

anyhow, even the rich teams like COL make player personell decisions based on money. its called managing. in fact, just this last season, COL traded a dman fine young dman in Derek Morris because they didnt want to QO him at 3.5m.

if BUF cant afford to pay its #1 C 4m, then the problem is with their team, not the system. and trading Barnes, a pending UFA, just makes sense. they didnt want to pay him because they felt his value was dropping. so what ?

it happens for every team in the league and is not a sign of "unfairness". for instance, the Canucks let go Lachance, Cassels, Baron, & Klatt in recent off seasons AND didnt even trade them for a draft pick.

dr
It's about Buffalo becase that's the team I'm most familiar with. Go on any small market team board and propose a trade. On of the biggest concerns is whether the team can afford picking up the salaries...

But you asked for an example, I gave you two. But of course, this isn't good enough. You always have another excuse, er, I mean justification...