View Single Post
Old
09-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Russian Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhn579
It's about Buffalo becase that's the team I'm most familiar with. Go on any small market team board and propose a trade. On of the biggest concerns is whether the team can afford picking up the salaries...

But you asked for an example, I gave you two. But of course, this isn't good enough. You always have another excuse, er, I mean justification...
It's not that it's good enough more than you put your GM management aside to blame the CBA.

I can talk to you about 1 team I'm familiar with : The Montreal Canadiens.

Andre Savard the EX-GM of the team , was very poor when it comes to give contract to players. He gave 4,25M$/2 years to Randy McKay (2M$, 2,25M$). Will you honestly tell me that it's because of the CBA that Andre Savard gave him this deal ? Or it's maybe because of poor management ?

Andre Savard offer the same 20M$/4 years to Martin Lapointe not because other follow him but they truly think that his leadership & intangibles would be an asset to the team. It's not about the CBA , it's about management decision that are GOOD & BAD.

Now you have Bob Gainey, he didn't offer 6M$ to Kovalev & it's not because of the END of the CBA , it's because he got a ''BUDGET'' to respect ? Is it not COST CERTAINTY when a GM respect what the OWNER can afford to pay for his players ?