View Single Post
Old
03-27-2009, 09:47 PM
catchthesun

vCash: 500
I was excited to see Kempe in the lineup tonight. I haven't kept tight tabs on the guy admittedly, but knew who he was and what his skillset was.

He's smaller than I remembered and he's really mousy. He didn't have a horrible game (seemed to get pushed around alot but didn't make any egregious mistakes) and I only wish the Phantoms would be in Philly for longer than 6 more games so I could see him possibly develop there.

As for the STH party, I knew a few people that went. Nothing of huge importance was said. Luukko still can't/won't say where the Brooks Group is moving the team, but it seems likely that the affiliation will stay. Again, this is the AHL and half the crap you hear is hearsay but that's a few of my hopes: move them reasonably close and keep the affiliation.

The one thing that gets me PO'd is the fact that they waited until ~7 games left to speak with the STHs. I'm a game plan holder and couldn't go, but those that pre-paid for their tickets were screwed over all year. In a perfect world, you'd respect those people that have been there since Day 1. I guess not?

Oh, and that was a painfully boring game. I have heard that at the meeting today, it seemed like they didn't expect the team to make the playoffs. The team played like they were already done.

The Phantoms play again tomorrow and Sunday. I just hope they play with some life.

Last edited by catchthesun: 03-27-2009 at 09:53 PM.