Thread: sharp turns
View Single Post
Old
03-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
When I make a sharp turn to the right, I find I put very little weight on my inner right foot.

Is this correct? Or how much weight (say %wise) should i put on it?

I am trying to improve these sharp turns but am trying to figure out is it more my right foot is not directing the left foot due to angle, weight, or both.
Well, Noobman is correct. Your shoulds are key in assisting you in the turn.

In another thread, you kind of asked the same question and I responded to you about a Canadien Turn. A Canadien Turn is what several members had already posted in this thread. But. lets review!

A Canadien turn is when you have pne skate on front of the other and you lean into the direction of the turn. Knees bent and the weight should be distributed between both skates equally. However, the weight on the lead skate should be towards the heel and the weight on the trailing skate should be on the ball of the foot.

The lead skate is the skate that actually steer the body in the direction you want to go, and the shoulder needs to point in the direction you want to go. Example: If you wnat to turn right, you lead with the right skate and turn your upper body to the right so that the left shoulder leads first. The more you turn the left shoulder towards center, the tighter the turn. Just remember to lean into the turn and trust the edges that you are using.

Good Luck and I hope this helps.
Head coach