Thread: News Article: Knuble may not be a Flyer next year
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Two seasons in a row, he's started very slowly and you're left scratching your head or pulling your hair out when he's on the ice. But once he hits his stride you realize his importance. We need that elder statesman who can still play and who has a tremendous work ethic. As frustrating as he can be, I'd be really sad to see him leave this team. Especially if it's over money while the roster is sprinkled with crappy players not earning their contracts.
While I have no problem with having Knuble on the team on a reasonable contract, he remains a player that cannot really play the way this team wants to play through the neutral zone. The interesting thing to consider is that theoretically with the removal of Knuble you're looking at a team that can move ever more into the rush-oriented, speed offense depending on how he is replaced in the lineup. While his loss certainly would/will impact our play around the net and on the PP a bit, to a certain extent the prime minutes he gets throws a bit of a wrench into this team stylistically...

Of course, I also don't think Lupul's contract is that ridiculous for what he brings...it's just a dumb contract for us. I do think there will be someone interested in a guy who you're likely to get at least 25 goals out of, and I wouldn't be shocked to see as a 30+ guy a few times in his career.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote