Thread: Value of: Kings 1st Rounder
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
So nothing short of Ovechkin, Kovalchuck or Iginla will land the Kings 1st round pick?

Methinks you overrate that pick a bit. Tops you would get is a third liner, decent prospect and a lower first rounder. You're not going to get even a 30 goal guy for a 6-9 pick.

Think of it this way. Would you be able to get a guy nearly that good with that pick? That's a pretty resounding NO. So, you're overvaluing the pick.
? Did you even read my post? I said that the only way LA would trade the pick would be in a package for a 50 goal caliber winger. I didn't say trade the pick straight up for Iginla... I didn't overvalue the pick. It is worth a lot more to a rebuilding team right now to keep than to trade, but the only way LA lets go of theirs is if a truly gifted player was on the table, he is moderately young (beneath age 30), and has 2 years or more left on his contract. Of course they would throw more into the deal... But that is the only way they would trade the pick. A package for a superstar. Thus, now we come back to the whole point of my post was that they are not trading the pick but selecting a player >.<

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote