View Single Post
Old
09-07-2004, 03:28 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

vCash: 500
Ovechkin Proving Pricey For Caps

OVECHKIN PROVING PRICEY FOR CAPS.

TORONTO STAR: Ken Campbell reports the Moscow Dynamo wants $3 million US from the Washington Capitals before they'll agree to release Alexander Ovechkin, the 2004 first overall draft pick, from his contract. Capitals management refuses to sign Ovechkin until a new agreement is in place between the NHL and the IIHF. Ovechkin claimed he'd spoken with the president of Dynamo and that they'd agree to let him go without the Caps having to pay that much, but Washington GM George McPhee was skeptical.

well with that in mind could he be a keeper or is there a team out there with money(nyr) that would be able top acquire him, i very much the caps will move him, but hey, with the way things are with $$$$$ if nyr had to i think they would give quit a bit away to get him along with money.. maybe a deal like this:

to wash: Lundmark or ?, Prucha, Lampman, 2nd rounder in 05,3rd rounder in 06
to NYR:Jakub Klepis ( center), ovechkin, 3rd rounder in 06

please anyone feel free to adjust this proposal, i think it is somewhat fair.just something to do since there are not any new threads much atleast will give poeple something to discuss, this trade is more fantasy than realistic, i think atleast.

lampman and a 3rd for klebis, and a 2nd ( good pick )lundmark or ? and prucha( good prospect) for ovechkin