View Single Post
Old
03-29-2009, 03:32 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
? Did you even read my post? I said that the only way LA would trade the pick would be in a package for a 50 goal caliber winger. I didn't say trade the pick straight up for Iginla... I didn't overvalue the pick. It is worth a lot more to a rebuilding team right now to keep than to trade, but the only way LA lets go of theirs is if a truly gifted player was on the table, he is moderately young (beneath age 30), and has 2 years or more left on his contract. Of course they would throw more into the deal... But that is the only way they would trade the pick. A package for a superstar. Thus, now we come back to the whole point of my post was that they are not trading the pick but selecting a player >.<
Yes, I did read your post, but I phrased my response wrong.

You're saying you wouldn't take Pat Kane, Eric Staal, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Mike Richards, Tomas Vanek, Jonathan Toews, Marion Hossa, Pavel Datsuk, Henrik Zetterburg.... do you get where I'm going with this? 50 goals is a ridiculous standard. Any sane person who was given a chance to trade a 7-10ish 1st rounder for any one of these guys straight up would do it in a heartbeat, especally a GM trying to build a team. Every single one of those guys would be great to built a team around.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote