View Single Post
Old
09-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Kodiak said, "Potential? Rachunek proved himself to be a bonafide top 4 guy by earning that kind of ice time on a stacked Ottawa blueline."

he was not a top 4 defensemen on the sens, i dont even know where that came from, he was never more than a 5-6 guy on a stacked defense

there top 4 consisted of phillips, redden, leschyshyn, and of course chara

then karel started playing poorly for the sens and got dealt here for de Vries which they thought would make their defense even better

rachunek has never proved he is more than a 5-6 guy tops, now is his chance, im willing to see what he brings to the table this year, i just didnt like what i saw last year, he made too many poti-esque decisions ie bad passes thru the middle, poor turnovers, bad pinches, etc however he did use his body against opposing players which gives me some hope

i just think if we can deal him for a lw who fills a need then im for it, we can always go sign a mironov or mcgillis and go with a top four of
kasper-poti
mironov/mcgillis-tyutin

and then let kids like pock, kondratiev, and lampman fight it out for the 5-6 spots, or we could not even sign a mironov mcgillis and just see what the kids do in camp

rachunek is expendable to me and the fact that he has a movable contract is even more of a reason i see him as the 1 ranger who teams may be calling about and sather may listen