View Single Post
Old
03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I think he got a 10 minute misconduct for that play, wasn't that the Braydon Coburn play? I remember arguing with my flyers friend about it. He said it wasn't that bad because he got him with the glove not the stick. Or how about both hits from Richards two weeks ago on Dubinsky and Zherdev, they looked the same as the Orr hit but no one got injured.

Either way, the biggest problem is the inconsistencies in the officiating. As the ColePens said when interference is called once you see the same play throughout the game and no call. If Orr was an intent to injure what about Orpik on Drury? I thought kneeing was generally looked upon negatively in this league because it can cause serious injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
I'm pretty sure your thinking about the Flyers game at the Garden and I think the refs definitely called something on that play.
I don't recall everything completely, but by the stat sheet I see 10 minute misconduct for Cote and also a fight between Mara and Asham. However, if a penalty was called based on what he had done to Antropov then it would have been a penalty plus the misconduct, which didn't happen.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote