Thread: News Article: Rangers Call Out Refs
View Single Post
Old
03-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Sidgeni Malkby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR27 View Post
never called him a wuss - just saying his input wussified the game - I have full respect for what he went through

my point though - is that I LOVED the hockey I watched as a kid when the Rangers and Pens both last won cups - go back and watch those games - that was hockey - what we see now is a game that is watered down to the point that it is a skills competition with pads on. The game as it is now is cookie cutter for skilled players. Speed and ahnds - which used to be equaled by size and strength - now dominate - so yeah - if more goals is your cup of tea - this is better

I for one would rather see guys do what they have to do to get it done and that includes clutching and grabbing

yes both of our teams now are better for this kinda game but that is solely because teams have been forced to adjust
Totally agree with you...but you're talking about pre-trap days. The trap days were absolutely horrible...nobody scored!

They have made some good changes to try and get back to that, but they took it a bit too far. Strength is almost meaningless these days.

I mean...look...there is no way that guys like Drury and Malkin should be able to stand in front of the net and screen the goalie.

Sidgeni Malkby is offline   Reply With Quote