Old
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Yes, lee has been great defensively this year, but he still leaves a lot to be desired in our end. He has no physicality whatsoever and is still prone to positioning mistakes. It's not like he's giving the puck away or anything, but his defensive game could be a lot better, and I'm sure it will be eventually.
I don't buy the lack of physicality argument. There are a ton of defenseman in the league with no physical game who are great defensemen. Lee is learning to use his body more and more, and we've seen that over the last few months. He's 21, he'll improve leaps and bounds defensively as he's shown already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh
If I was grading the two players, I'd give Lee a B+ offensively and a B- defensively, while i'd give Smid the reverse.
I'd reverse Lee's ranking, to be honest. Lee is incredibly underrated defensively, while his offensive game will never blow people away. He's got a great first pass, but his shot, while improving, will hold him back. Smid has got 150 NHL games on him, so it's not surprising he's ahead.

I just read Smid is out for the year though, which sucks for Edmonton. It's nice to see him develop, as I really liked his game his rookie year.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote