View Single Post
Old
09-08-2004, 03:29 AM
qwad

vCash: 500
Hardy to leave or not?

Should Hardy leave or not?

I think not.

I've always liked Hardy. He is a vissionaire. He was brave to stop Swedens defensive, passive, non-aggressive play, boring play. He has allways been brave to let young players get the chance to play in the national team. He is so honest talking to the journalist saying what he thinks. He is also standing up for himself and continue with what he believes in no matter what the journalists say. The national team is the role model for younger players and club teams. If they see Sweden play offensive and fun hockey they will follow that standard.

Off course, he hasn't produced any gold. But, for me to win is not allways the most important. If you win the gold but play defensive, boring in every game I would prefer the silver and play good. But we lost in the quarterfinals and thats not a silver, so Hardy hasn't done great.
It is seldom good to have the same coach for a long while and his time is running out. I think that he has done a good but not great job (no gold and we have lost in the quarterfinals in the big tournaments) and that we should keep him until the end of his contract (2 more seasons).

SO what do you think?