View Single Post
Old
09-08-2004, 05:39 AM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
This is so important I've logged on dial-up from Europe!

I actually don't think this review is all that negative, just poorly phrased by a non-native English speaker. It's saying that the hype on Korpikoski was on his offensive skills before the draft, whereas after the draft everyone was talking about him being a solid team player and contributor (i.e. a typical Finnish player). This was due largely to the Rangers' own post-draft comments (perhaps this was a ploy to take some of the pressure of expectation off a kid who hadn't played in the SM-Liiga yet). The reviewer says that Lauri needs to improve his puck skills, which the reviewer for some reason thinks is unlikely to happen. On the other hand (and this is the non-negative, but weirdly phrased part), even if he doesn't, he should find an effective role as a speedster on a checking line (i.e. his downside is still relatively high).

As for Immonen, I read it as saying that he can be pushed around, but his overall game is very good, both offensively and defensively, and that he has room to improve yet more--he's not yet hit his ceiling.

Sorry if this was obvious to everyone, but it seemed to me that some people had a different understanding of what was written.