Thread: Proposal: Florida - Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
03-30-2009, 09:17 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Holy Christ, get a grip. You are on crack if you think Vis is a Top-20 defenseman in the NHL.

Here's a list of the 30 I would take before him.

Mike Green
Brian Rafalski
Mark Streit
Nicklas Lidstrom
Dan Boyle
Shea Weber
Scott Niedermayer
Sheldon Souray
Dennis Wideman
Niklas Kronwall
Chris Pronger
Brian Campbell
Zdeno Chara
Dion Phaneuf
Ryan Suter
Rob Blake
Duncan Keith
Pavel Kubina
Cameron Barker
Kimmo Timonen
Jay Bouwmeester
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Tomas Kaberle
Keith Ballard
Tobias Enstrom
Braydon Coburn
Brent Burns
Brent Seabrook
Sergei Gonchar
Robyn Regehr

Just to make you happy, I excluded upcoming rookies and Canucks defenseman.

There's my condensed list for you - do you want me to go on?
As a Oilers fan, I'm going to say that he is under rated. When he plays for another team, you don't notice things he does but when he plays for your team and watch him play, you start to notice it. He has great speed to break up a odd man rush/breakaway without taking a penatly. I didn't know he did that in LA but when I asked some Kings fan, he was great at this when he was in LA as well. What also surprised me is at one point, he was leading the team in block shots. I'm not saying he is a top 20 defensemen but he is still a hell of a player. I find it funny, when he got hurt, the team started to show signs of going down the gutter. On your list, you had Souray. I would much rather keep Visnovsky over Souray.

O/T, do you think Willie Mitchell gets noticed alot by non Vancouver fans? I say no because they don't notice the little things he does. I live in Vancouver and watch the odd Nucks game and I think he is a great defensemen. If your wondering why I borught up Mitchell, I'm just trying to say Visnovsky is not as bad as what some fans think. You just have to watch him play.

Last edited by punk_o_holic: 03-30-2009 at 09:22 PM.
punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote