Old
03-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
lupul played like **** the first month or so of the season but since then has played on one of the better lines in the NHL, he will end up w/ 25 goals or more most likely and can play on both special teams...he isn't an untouchable obviously, he is a streaky player but he isn't this a lazy, albatross around the flyers neck...people make like he is friggin' pavel brendl. he is a luxury due to our forward depth but there are other contracts i would explore moving before his, like paying carle or jones to be third pairing dman which they will likely be next season.
and if i am going to pay more then $2MM for knuble i would look at guys like moen or clowe first.
Unlike Carle and Jones, the Flyers would actually get something decent in return for Lupul. Thats the point, its not that he sucks, its just that we need to move some money off the cap and moving lupul would do just that AND get us something in return(goalie prospect?) while knuble wouldnt since hes a FA. I would much rather have knuble resigned, lupul moved for an NHL ready goalie prospect and 4.25 off the cap than Lupul on the team, knuble gone for nothing and 2.75 off the cap.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote