View Single Post
Old
03-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
wow talk about overating a first. You won't trade your first unless your getting a potential 50 goal scorer already in the NHL. You do realize there is only one player in the NHL with 50 goals and 3 guys with 40. Aside from Tavares no one has the potential in the draft to reach those numbers and he's unlikely to get there anytime soon. Really get a clue. I'm not saying you should trade your first but these expectations are very unrealistic. You could get an impact winger or center but definately not to the extent your looking for.
I'm quite familiar with Telos, and I can guarantee you he's not living in fantasy world. He meant the Kings won't trade the 1st unless it's part of a bigger deal to acquire Kovalchuk.

So basically what he's saying, and I agree, is that there's no point in the Kings trading their first unless they are going to get a franchise type player in return. This team is still VERY young and growing. It is not going to help us one bit to trade the first away for a 2nd line left wing or a number 3 dman. No, we need a guy who can become another cornerstone of this franchise. So why would we not try the cheapest way to add that player? The draft.

It is very possible that with our 1st in the 09 draft that we could draft a player that could be even better than Kovalchuk. Maybe not as talented, but better. If the Kings franchise continues to set it sights low, the Kings franchise will stay exactly where it has been for the last 15 years.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote