View Single Post
Old
03-31-2009, 04:28 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonMTG View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say there's an elaborate conspiracy to screw us over, but to say there is no bias whatsoever would be EXTREMELY naive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I think a combination of these two factors is at work. The Flyers are definitely prone to take penalties, the majority of the time I agree with, or at least recognize, what the ref has seen.

That said, a bias does seem to manifest itself from time to time. And I think it comes through most clearly on non-calls against the other team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
In other news, the sky is blue.

I don't have a problem with the penalties called on the Flyers. They play the type of game that is going to earn calls. It's a good thing the PK is so good, or this style of play would really hurt the team.

UseYourAllusion is right - it's the non-calls on the opposing teams that is frustrating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Yeah like said its the non calls I hate, like Lupul getting cross checked the EXACT same way Recchi was. No call
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
The Flyers take dumb and lazy penalties. see Coburn and Hartnell.
I just have a problem with the calls that the Flyers dont get.
So yeah, im just echoing the sentiments of everyone else.

Dont all these instances show that the refs favor Flyers the least BECAUSE of the non-calls?

Your points are valid with the stupid penalties that we take, but for the non call side of it, it shows that the refs are less likely to call penalties against other teams when we play them.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote