View Single Post
04-01-2009, 04:00 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Ok guys, i played the playoff game and - I BROKE MY SLUMP. I read this thread before the game and decided just to go out and play to win for the team and go back to basics. It worked. Just went out there and since I'm a bigger guy I went out to do the grunt work in front of the net. I already had told the defense to shoot to me so I could tip. So, first slapper from the point I deflected but it missed the net, next shift I deflected two shots - both stopped by the goalie. However, next shift I deflected one fivehole - bang we were up 1 - 0. Later they scored. However, I just kept it to the basics and was pressuring the opposing teams defenders in their zone like I usually do. However, one of their defenders sent a really sloppy pass to the other half of his pairing and I intercepted it and went straight to the net. The goalie did a diving pokecheck which I simply dodged and went to the left and potted the goal. Feels good. We won 4 - 1.

Anyways thanks for the advice guys, simplifying my game helped a lot. I think I was thinking too much about breaking my slump and that threw me off.
Excellent! Great Job!

See? You worked hard, established good position, applied strong pressure on the forecheck, and the reward was your 2 goal per game average and a playoff victory.

Remember this feeling for future playoff games and slumps.

SJGoalie32 is online now   Reply With Quote