View Single Post
Old
09-08-2004, 10:00 PM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
See I can't put Jagr and Fedorov on his level. While both are tempermental and can be disappointing, a Jagr "bad" season is still a 35 goal, 80 point effort. Fedorov at least supplies very good defense.

When Kovalev is off, he's a 20 goal, 55 point player who often takes lazy penalties and isn't an asset in his own zone.

For me Kovalev takes the cake as a disappointment. I've always said if he ever played with the heart of someone like Adam Graves he'd never have left and could very well be nearing the tops of every Ranger all-time offensive record.
While I'll agree that Kovalev has been more disappointing, the other two should be giving much much more.

Jagr has gone from being the best player in the world to a players rarely even discussed when speaking about a top 10 list of NHL players. A player that could carry a team by himself. In recent years I've witnessed him flat out quit numerous times in games if his team fallas behind or he gets hit a few times.

Fedorov has never come close to approaching his Hart Trophy winning season. There is absolutely nothing he can't do on the ice, a supreme skater, great shot, excellent defensive player ... when speaking of hockey skills Fedorov IMO is at the very top of the list. He should be better than Forsberg and should have shelves full of NHL hardware.